Saturday, January 23, 2010

Moments with Grandparents

I been waking up really really early, like around 7.30am. So I went with my grandparents to have breakfast at the food court.

Yesterday, after breakfast, they went to buy chicken, I tagged along. So this chicken seller, she was like asking my grandma...
she :"who is this pretty girl, your daughter?"
Grandma :" no no no, she's my granddaughter!"
she :" wow, you are so lucky to has such a big granddaughter!"
Grandpa :" YES YES. SHE JUST CAME BACK FROM MIDDLE EAST. YOU KNOW, SHE IS ONLY 18 BUT SHE ALREADY DONE HER A-LEVEL. OH AND GUESS WHAT, SHE DOESN'T EVEN HAVE SPM OR O-LEVEL OR GCSE!"
she :"wow, so you skipped a year? You are so clever, you should come to singapore. Singapore will love you!"
Me :" (embarrassed yet proud of myself) Thanks Thanks. Ok bye. Thanks."

Today my eldest cousin came along, Isaac, 10 years old. My grandma was away buying food for him while my grandpa, him and I waited at a table. Then came a waitress and talked to my grandpa...
she :" Here's the noodles you ordered. So she is your daughter?"
Grandpa :" no! she just came back from Middle East."
I think she didn't heard it.
she :" (pointing at Isaac and looking at me) So he is your son? "
Me :" (WHAT THE FUCK!) NO! NO!"
she :" I figured, you looked too young to have a son."
Grandpa :" She is my granddaughter! Just came back from Middle East!"
Me :" (relieved) yeah, I'm his cousin."
she :" so you came here for holidays? great! oh, it's 5 dollars by the way."
Me :"oh right. Thanks."

I think my grandpa is really proud of us moving to Qatar so he can go around and show off to people that he has family in Middle East. Plus, I'm the eldest grandchildren in the family so I guess that's why he will tell everyone about me skipping SPM/GCSE and got good A-Level which shows that the INTELLIGENT genes flow in the family.

Well, It can be quite embarrassing but I guess that's the fun thing when you are around your grandparents! I just love them!

2 comments:

Roza Rosman said...

she :" (pointing at Isaac and looking at me) So he is your son? "
Me :" (WHAT THE FUCK!) NO! NO!"

hahahhaha yah i know how that feels

me too i love my grandparents

nadia said...

ceh wah!!!"intelligent genes flow in the family"

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com